- EH&S Training & Services
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Confined Space Entry Program
- Construction Safety
- Fire Safety
- JHA Manual
- Noise Exposure
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Respirator Program
- Shop Safety
- Lab & Research Safety
- Quick Links
- HazWaste Pickup Request
- Report Safety Concern
- Chemical Inventory System and Reuse Program
- LabHazard Sign Request
- Request Lab Safety Consultation
- Safety Training Calendar
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Autoclave Test Kit Request
- Laboratory Safety Self-Assessment
- Laser Machine Registration
- Record Actions Taken on Lab Safety Assessment
Schedule of Charges for Radiation Safety Services
Effective July 1, 2008, Radiation Safety no longer recharges generators for routine laboratory radioactive waste.
Non-routine waste may still incur charges. See Information Bulletin 09-01 for waste requirements.
Portable Instrument Calibration1
Calibration $40.00/instrument ($55.oo for non-OSU instruments)
Repair $45/hr + parts
Issued Dosimeters - no charge
Lost Badges2 $11.00 (XBG Badge)
Lost Rings2 $5.00 / ring
Lost Neutron Badges2 $22.00
Leak Test for Non-OSU Groups 4
Counting and reporting $10.00/test
(1) The instrument calibration fee is charged by the OSU Radiation Center. Instrument pickup and delivery are available at no charge from Radiation Safety. Instruments must have annual calibration. Radiation Safety has some instruments available as loaners while lab instrument is being calibrated or repaired.
(2) Dosimeters are considered "lost" when not returned within 90 days from the end of the wear period; radiation exposure cannot be accurately determined for badges returned after 90 days from the end of the wear period.
(4) Sealed source leak tests include counting, recording and reporting. There is no charge to OSU groups for leak tests.