- Ways to be Engaged
- DOT (Do One Thing)
- Alternative Break Service Trips
- Community Values Award
- Voter and Election Engagement
- Bloss Hall Civic Engagement Community
- Clinton Global Initiative University
- Day Trippers
- For Students
- For Community Partners
MLK Day of Service Volunteer Registration: SAGE Garden Day of Service Project
Submissions for this form are closed.
Volunteer Registration: SAGE Garden MLK Day of Service Project
Please use this form to sign up for the MLK Day of Service project with SAGE Garden taking place on Saturday January 18th. Produce for the People garden grows fresh nutritious food for low-income individuals and agencies while providing opportunities for gardeners of all ages to grow, learn, and contribute to their community. Starker Arts Garden for Education is a unique community garden located in the Bruce Starker Arts Park. The food grown at SAGE donated to local food banks and soup kitchens–providing fresh, healthy fruits and vegetables to families in our community who need them most. Every year the garden supplies 3-4 TONS of organically-grown produce to agencies and families all over Corvallis. Community volunteers are the heart of the SAGE garden; over 500 people a year come help us farm this one-acre plot of city land.
Here are the details for this project:
- Check-in: Please arrive promptly at 9:30 at McAlexander Fieldhouse. Please use the Jefferson Street Entrance.
- Time: 10:00am-12:00pm
- Capacity: This project can accommodate up to 11 volunteers
- Food: The CCE will provide light snacks. Please bring your own bottle. Participants are welcome to bring additional snacks.
- Transportation: The CCE will be driving volunteers to the project site in vans.
- Description & Duties: Garden Maintenance, details in progress.
- Youth: Children are allowed to participate in this project if supervised by adult volunteer. PLEASE register your child separately to avoid overfilling volunteer capacity.
- Requirements: No open toe shoes and dress in layers for warmth.