- Ways to be Engaged
- Make a Difference Day
- Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week
- MLK Day of Service
- Nonprofit & Volunteer Fair
- Civic Engagement Week
- Earth Day
- Wellness Week
- Day of Caring
- Craft 'N Care Projects
- DOT (Do One Thing)
- Alternative Break Service Trips
- Community Values Award
- Voter and Election Engagement
- Bloss Hall Civic Engagement Community
- Clinton Global Initiative University
- Day Trippers
- For Students
- For Community Partners
MLK Day of Service Volunteer Registration: SafeHaven Humane Society
Submissions for this form are closed.
Facilities Cleaning with SafeHaven Humane Society
Please use this form to sign up for the MLK Day of Service project with SafeHaven Humane Society taking place on Saturday January 18th. At SafeHaven Humane Society, our goal is to find permanent, loving homes for all animals entrusted in our care. Our mission is to help our communities’ residents be the best “humane” beings they can be by providing: Compassionate temporary shelter care; healthy adoptable animals; information, understanding and education; spay and neuter programs, instead of euthanasia, for population control. We are a limited admission shelter that remains committed to the philosophy of not using euthanasia to control population.SafeHaven Humane Society is a private, non-profit 501(C)3 organization.
- Check-in: Please arrive promptly at 8:30am at McAlexander Fieldhouse. Please use the Jefferson Street Entrance.
- Time: Volunteers will be working from 9:00am to 11:30am
- Capacity: This project can accommodate up to 8 volunteers
- Food: CCE will provide a light breakfast, snacks, and a catered lunch courtesy of the Community & Cultural Meals Program. Please bring your own water bottle. Participants are welcome to bring additional snacks.
- Description and duties: Volunteers will be cleaning the animal facilities, tools, etc. The two main areas of cleaning will be dogs and cats.
- Youth: This project can accommodate youth 8 years and older with adult supervision. Please be sure to register your child/dependent separately from yourself as an individual volunteer to avoid overfilling our capacity.
- Transportation: The CCE will be driving volunteers to the project site in vans.
- Requirements: Please dress in layers for warmth and wear comfortable, close-toed shoes.