- Ways to be Engaged
- Make a Difference Day
- Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week
- MLK Day of Service
- Nonprofit & Volunteer Fair
- Civic Engagement Week
- Earth Day
- Wellness Week
- Day of Caring
- Craft 'N Care Projects
- DOT (Do One Thing)
- Alternative Break Service Trips
- Community Values Award
- Voter and Election Engagement
- Bloss Hall Civic Engagement Community
- Clinton Global Initiative University
- Day Trippers
- For Students
- For Community Partners
MLK Day of Service Volunteer Registration: Jackson Street Youth Shelter Day of Service Project
Submissions for this form are closed.
Volunteer Registration: Jackson Street Youth Shelter Day of Service Project
Please use this form to sign up for the MLK Day of Service project with Jackson Street Youth Shelter taking place on Saturday January 18th. Jackson Street Youth Shelter, Inc., is here to promote safety, stability, and well-being for youth. We work to prevent homelessness by showing a path to long-term success through building positive relationships and skills for self-sufficiency.
Here are the details for this project:
- Check-in: Please arrive promptly at 11:00 at McAlexander Fieldhouse. Please use the Jefferson Street Entrance.
- Time: Volunteers will be working from 11:30-2:30
- Capacity: This project can accommodate up to 5 volunteers
- Food: The CCE will provide light snacks. Please bring your own bottle. Participants are welcome to bring additional snacks.
- Description & Duties: The Mentor Recruitment event for Jackson Street Youth Shelter is taking place on Saturday, January 18 from noon-2pm at the Corvallis Elks Lodge on 9th Street. The purpose of the event is to recruit appropriate, adult volunteers from the community who can commit to being Mentors for community youth in-need of consistent adult role-models. We will have light snacks, the ability to complete background check and a place for people to complete applications and learn more about this volunteer opportunity. This is a family friendly event; we will have games and coloring for smaller children. We would like the OSU student volunteers helping on MLK Day of Service to help in the following ways:
- arrive at 11:30am (at The Elks Lodge) to help set-up
- help welcome and direct attendants to the correct space
- entertain/interact with children at the kids-station (games and coloring)
- help with clean up.
- assist Elks Lodge with minor projects associated with hosting the event, as needed
- Transportation: The CCE will be driving volunteers to the project site in vans.
- Requirements: Student volunteers should be at least 18 years old and able to interact in an appropriate and mature way, as volunteer representatives of Jackson Street Youth Shelter, Inc. Clothing can be casual (no sweats!!).