- Ways to be Engaged
- DOT (Do One Thing)
- Alternative Break Service Trips
- Community Values Award
- Voter and Election Engagement
- Bloss Hall Civic Engagement Community
- Clinton Global Initiative University
- Day Trippers
- For Students
- For Community Partners
MLK Day of Service Volunteer Registration: Corvallis Parks and Recreation Day of Service Project
Submissions for this form are closed.
Volunteer Registration: Corvallis Parks and Recreation MLK Day of Service Project
Please use this form to sign up for the MLK Day of Service project with Corvallis Department of Parks and Recreation taking place on Saturday January 18th. MLK Park’s 30 Acres contains open space, maintained turf, ball fields, playgrounds, mixed forest, natural & paved trails, horseshoe pits, along with a barn (Walnut Barn). There are several tasks during the service including barn/table work, trail maintenance, tree hazard pruning, landscape clean-up, & invasive vegetation removal at Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Park.
- Check-in: Please arrive promptly at 9:00 at McAlexander Fieldhouse.
- Time: The group will work from 9:30-12:30, and return to campus at around 12:45.
- Capacity: This project can accommodate up to 40 volunteers
- Food: The CCE will provide light snacks. Please bring your own bottle. Participants are welcome to bring additional snacks.
- Transportation: The CCE will be driving volunteers to the project site in vans.
- Description & Duties: Volunteers will be working on various outdoor maintenance activities with Corvallis Parks and Rec at the MLK Park.
- Youth: Children 8 years and older are allowed to participate in this project if supervised by adult volunteer. PLEASE register your child separately to avoid overfilling volunteer capacity.
- Requirements: Corvallis Parks & Recreation will provide all the necessary equipment & work gloves. No open toe shoes and dress in layers for warmth.