- Ways to be Engaged
- Make a Difference Day
- Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week
- MLK Day of Service
- Nonprofit & Volunteer Fair
- Civic Engagement Week
- Earth Day
- Wellness Week
- Day of Caring
- Craft 'N Care Projects
- DOT (Do One Thing)
- Alternative Break Service Trips
- Community Values Award
- Voter and Election Engagement
- Bloss Hall Civic Engagement Community
- Clinton Global Initiative University
- Day Trippers
- For Students
- For Community Partners
MLK Day of Service Volunteer Registration: Corvallis-Gondar Sister Cities Association Day of Service Project
Submissions for this form are closed.
Volunteer Registration: Corvallis-Gondar Sister Cities Association MLK Day of Service Project
Please use this form to sign up for the MLK Day of Service project with Corvallis-Gondar Sister Cities Association taking place on Saturday January 18th. The mission of the Corvallis-Gondar Sister Cities Association (C-GSCA) is to collaborate with the people of Gondar to develop sustainable solutions and promote cultural awareness, respect, and understanding. In this project, volunteers will be making friendship bracelets for Gondar, Ethiopia as a sign of friendship for the students there. We would like to give a friendship bracelet to each of the 2000 students who attend our sister school, Tsadiku Yohannes, in Gondar, Ethiopia. The students are in grades K-8. These bracelets will be taken to Gondar next September. We hope the making of these bracelets will increase awareness of Corvallis-Gondar Sister City Association and in particular, our sister school. We also want to develop/strengthen the sense of connectedness between students in Corvallis and Tsadiku Yohannes students.
Here are the details for this project:
- Check-in: Please arrive promptly at 9:15 at McAlexander Fieldhouse. Please use the Jefferson Street Entrance.
- Time: The group will work from 9:30-12:30.
- Capacity: This project can accommodate up to 20 volunteers
- Food: The CCE will provide light snacks. Please bring your own bottle. Participants are welcome to bring additional snacks.
- Transportation: Students will walk to the MU, where the project will take place.
- Description & Duties: Volunteers will be making friendship bracelets for the students in Gondor, Ethiopia.
- Requirements: None.