- OHR Units
- Employee Benefits
- Strategic Staffing/Workforce Planning (formerly Employment Services)
- Classification & Compensation
- HR Solutions (formerly ERCC)
- Systems & Technology (formerly Strategic & Technical Services)
- Learning and Organizational Development
- Life Balance
- A to Z Index
12. If my spouse also works at OSU, can we both take 12 weeks to care for a new child?
Subject:Family Medical Leave
Under FMLA, you and your spouse will have to share the 12 weeks to care for a new child. It is up to you how you split the 12 weeks. However, OFLA is more generous and each parent has an individual 12 week entitlement, even if both employees work for the same employer. The shared 12 weeks would be counted as FMLA leave and the additional time would be counted as OFLA leave.